Terms of Service
By placing an order via our website (www.pureelectric.com), you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our ordering and delivery page for further information.
In order to contract with Pure Electric you must be over 18 years of age. Pure Electric retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. This will usually be Pure Electric or may in some cases be a third party.
Where a contract is made with a third party, Pure Electric is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card, or bank account used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of international products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
Electric scooters are not to be used on footpaths, cycle lanes or roads. It is the complete responsibility of the customer to ensure that your e-scooter is operated by all country and local laws. The customer assumes all liability and risk associated with the use of electric scooter products and holds Pure Electric Ltd and its owners free from any liability caused by their use.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. Pure Electric retains the right to accept or reject this offer before processing the order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched. A second email will be sent confirming these arrangements and the title of goods will not be transferred until they have been dispatched.
Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition. Such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the 'Grand Total'.
The website may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fulfil any orders that you may place based on information on the website that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
Fair Purchase Policy
At Pure Electric, we buy from our suppliers with an agreement to sell to our private customers. It is not in our business model to sell items in bulk quantities to other retailers. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders which we suspect are beyond the requirements for an individual. If you have any questions on this matter, or wish to consult us before making a large purchase, please contact us at email@example.com.
Finance Products Complaints Process
Complaints Information for our Customers who have purchased a product using our finance facilities:
We aim to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
Complaints Contact Details
Telephone: +44 20 3870 4409 (for finance complaints ONLY)
Address: Pure Electric Ltd., 10, Wapping Road, Bristol BA1 4RW
We are an Appointed Representative of Product Partnerships Limited (FRN: 626349). Therefore, you have the option of referring your complaint to our principal on the contact details provided below.
Telephone number: 01274 921234
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
Complaints Settled within 3 business days – Informal Complaints Process.
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated via an informal process.
If a solution to your complaint is proposed and you indicate your acceptance, we will promptly send you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, being a written communication from us which:
- refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction;
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
In addition to sending you a Summary Resolution Communication, we may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
- We consider that doing so may better meet your needs; or
- We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint.
Complaints which cannot be resolved within three business days
Where we judge that your complaint cannot be resolved within three business days, or they were unable to resolve your complaint in this period, the formal FCA complaints procedure will be followed. This process requires that we:
- Send you an initial response letter within five days of receiving your complaint, or immediately on realising the informal complaints handling process will not reach a resolution;
- Provide you with details of our complaints handling procedures;
- Fully investigate the complaint and, where necessary, make contact with you to seek clarification on any points;
- Send you a final response letter as soon as possible, but no later than eight weeks after receiving the complaint, detailing how your complaint has been resolved and if any redress will be offered.
Our final response letter will set out clearly our decision and the reasons for it. If any financial redress is offered, a clear method of calculation will be shown, and it will be paid promptly and in full.
We will include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) in our final response. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to FOS. You must refer the matter to FOS within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost.
If we cannot resolve the complaint within eight weeks:
While we would always aim to complete an investigation within eight weeks, if, for any reason, our investigation is not concluded within this period, we will write to the complainant again. We will inform him/her of the reasons for the further delay and advise that if he/she is not satisfied with our progress he/she may be entitled to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Closing a complaint
Where we receive confirmation from you that you are satisfied with the findings of the investigation and any resolution we have proposed, your complaint will be considered closed.
Where no confirmation has been received from you within four weeks of our final response letter, your complaint may also be considered closed.
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
It is our policy to treat all customers the same, however, only eligible complainants may refer their complaint onto the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
Eligible complainants are:
- A consumer
- Companies within the EU definition of a microenterprise
- Charities with an annual income of under £6,500,000
- Trustees of a trust with assets of under £5,000,000
- A small business (only an eligible complainant if the conduct took place after the 1st April 2019)
- A guarantor
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
- relating to regulated activity;
- involving an allegation that the customer has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience;
We will co-operate fully, at all times, with FOS in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by FOS.
The contact details for FOS are:
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna: Pay In 3. Further information and Klarna's user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
Pure Electric Limited is an appointed representative of Product Partnerships Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Product Partnerships Limited FCA registration number is 626349 and its address is: Suite D2 Josephs Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds, LS3 1AB
Product Partnerships Limited’s permitted business is to act as a Principal for a network of Appointed Representatives who arrange regulated credit facilities for customers who are purchasing goods from them.
Pure Electric Limited acts as a credit broker not a lender and will only introduce you to Klarna AB (FRN: 536065). We may receive a commission payment from the finance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them. You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations. If you would like to know how we handle complaints, please ask for a copy of our complaints handling process. You can also find information about referring a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) at financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Promotional Terms and Conditions
- E-Bike and E-Scooter Service Packs can be purchased online at pureelectric.com or in UK Pure Electric stores within the same transaction as an E-bike or E-scooter, or in store within 30 days of your original order. Service Packs cannot be ordered online post vehicle purchase. For E-Bike & E-Scooter Service Packs bought post-vehicle purchase, customers must bring their E-scooter or E-bike to a UK store for the individual serial/frame number to be recorded for their Service Package certificate (see below) and the vehicle's condition to be checked. We reserve the right to not sell Service Packs for vehicles that have been mistreated in their initial 30 days.
- E-Bike and E-Scooter Service Packs are not available to those using their pedal bike or electric bike for commercial use.
- E-Bike and E-Scooter Service Pack services can only redeemed in UK stores and not online at pureelectric.com.
- At the point of E-scooter or E-bike and Service Pack purchase, the vehicle serial or frame number will be identified and recorded on a Service Pack Certificate to be sent to customers by email within seven days. The Service Pack can be applied on that product and cannot be transferred to any other bike, E-bike or E-scooter. E-Bike & E-Scooter Service Packs can only be redeemed by an individual in possession of a Service Pack Certificate showing a serial / frame number that corresponds to their E-scooter or E-bike.
- E-Bike and E-Scooter Service Packs include the following features, which are available for 12 months from the date of purchase:
- Free labour on puncture repairs
- Free fitting of all parts and accessories
- One E-scooter service or one Brompton Electric Service
- Free brake adjustments for E-bikes and E-scooters
- Free gear adjustments for E-bikes
- E-Bike and E-Scooter Service Packs do not include the cost of any parts, accessories or hydraulic brake bleeding.
- All parts and accessories must be purchased from Pure Electric in order to qualify for free fitting.
Pre-booking of any E-bike or E-scooter servicing, repair or fitting may be required, please contact your local store.
General T&Cs related to Promotions:
We reserve the right to modify, cancel and limit any promotion or offer at any time. We reserve the right to refuse to provide offers and/or promotions to particular individuals or organisations at our discretion.Offer restrictions:
- Only one promotional voucher can be used per order.
- The voucher cannot be applied retrospectively.
- The basket must contain an in stock, full price products before the voucher can be applied.
- Customers can only use the voucher once.
Jude's Ice Cream Prize Draw - Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for entry into the prize draw, participants must like the post, tag a friend and follow @pureelectricuk and @judesicecream on Instagram
- No limit on entries per person
- Entrants must be 16 years or over and be UK-based (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland)
- The prize is a brand new, special edition (Jude’s branded) Pure Free Step electric bike and an ice cream gift box from Jude’s containing 6 tubs of ice cream, a recipe book and handy tote bag.
- The Pure Free Step electric bike will be dispatched via home delivery within 28 days of receiving confirmation of the winner
- Jude’s can deliver their ice cream across the UK, except the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Northern Island, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and postcode areas: AB 31 – AB 53 and PH15 – PH18. Unfortunately, it takes 2 days to reach these places meaning it cannot be guaranteed that the ice cream will stay frozen.
- Entries open at 10:00 on Thursday 4th August and close at 23:59 on Thursday 11th
- The winner will only be contacted directly by either @judesicecream or @pureelectricuk. Please be advised that any other account claiming to be affiliated with this competition is fraudulent – please report and block.
- The winner will be chosen at random. If there is no response within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- Winners details will be shared between the two companies in order to get the prizes delivered to you. UK entrants only, we will never ask for bank details.
- Once the competition has ended, Pure Electric may publish the Instagram handle of the winner on its account
- Please read the instructions and warranties that come with the products and contact the relevant organisation should you have any questions about the product or prize draw
Caravan Club Offer - Terms & Conditions
Customers who purchase an electric bike from Pure Electric either in store or online and use the code “PURECAMC” at check out or point of sale will receive two £50 (total of £100) Marks and Spencers voucher for use in accordance with its terms and conditions.
Vouchers will be dispatched as physical vouchers to customers within 31 days after the completion of payment and customer should expect that they take 2 weeks to arrive thereafter.
This offer through Pure Electric can be redeemed up to 11:59PM on 30 September 2022. Vouchers will be valid up to January 2023 minimum. Cycle to Work scheme purchases are eligible for this offer. This offer is available to the first 100 customers only who redeem as described above.
Pure Electric retains the right to withdraw this off at any time and is not obliged to issue alternatives in any form such as replacement vouchers or cash.
Black Friday Scooter Essentials Bundle Offer - Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid between dates 21st November to 29th November 2022 (inclusive)
- Offer entitles customer to a scooter essentials bundle (worth £52.96) for a fixed price of £24.99
- Offer only valid when purchased in conjunction with a Pure e-scooter
Klarna Offer - Terms & Conditions
Valid on first-generation e-scooters only. Can only be used on the UK Pure Electric website. Cannot be used in combination with other promo or discount codes. Delivery charges will be added after the code has been applied unless the order qualifies for free delivery. E-Scooters are not to be used on public roads or pavements, only on private land with the owner's consent.
This offer through Pure Electric can be redeemed up to 11:59PM on 26 July 2022.
Pure Electric retains the right to withdraw this off at any time and is not obliged to issue alternatives in any form such as replacement vouchers or cash.
Klarna (Slice it/Pay Monthly) Terms of Service
Please note, all finance options (slice it and pay monthly) are offered via a 3rd part service, Klarna. Below are the terms of service relating to your agreement with Klarna. These will also be available to view during the Klarna checkout process.
Klarna Services Terms
These terms apply between Klarna Bank AB (publ) (“Klarna”) and you when you use Klarna’s services and features as described in these terms (the “Services”). You sign up for the Services by accepting these terms.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES
For Klarna, shopping is not just about finding great stuff and paying for them - it is also about enjoying a great shopping experience at the store of your preference, a state of the art app, and many other things. Simply put, a smooth user experience both before you have done your purchases and after you have done a purchase. These terms explain in more detail what this means. Please note that additional terms may apply to a specific payment method if you choose to make your payment by using one of the methods offered by Klarna.
1. Autofill and preferences
In order for you to have a smooth and friction free shopping experience we will remember some information about you and use that information to autofill different forms with your information during your shopping. This will enable you to save time and focus on more important stuff than filling out the same information over and over again. Let us explain in more detail how this works.
Autofill of your contact information
We can help you to fill in your contact information in two ways.
Autofill through input of limited information
While interacting with Klarna we may ask for information about you, such as name, address, telephone number, email, date of birth, or personal identification number. We will keep this information in our systems so that when you return to us or use our payment methods, you will only need to provide some of this information such as email and zip-code, or personal identification number (dependent on the country) in order for us to autofill the remaining fields with your other details.
Autofill through a Klarna cookie
An additional method we can use to autofill your information is by placing a Klarna-cookie on your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone, etc.). You may choose to store your details such as name, address, telephone number, email, date of birth, or personal identification number, and card details with Klarna. If you do so, we use the cookie to fetch those details from Klarna’s storage, and the cookie will help us to autofill them when you shop with Klarna.
If you don’t want to use the Autofill functionalities you can contact us and we will disable them. You can also disable them from the Klarna App or by adjusting your autofill settings during the purchase process. You can at any given time delete all cookies on your device, which deletes our cookie as well.
Autofill of other information
While interacting with Klarna you may also provide us with other information, such as for example card details. You may choose us to keep this information in our systems so that when you return to us we may autofill such information after we have identified you.
When you shop directly from the Klarna App we can also autofill your details on the site where you are shopping. This is enabled by you being logged in to the app and we know it is you that are shopping.
Preselected preferred payment methods
In order to make your shopping experience even smoother Klarna can, based on your previous purchases, pre-select the payment method that we believe to be your preferred way of paying. You may however also have access to other payment methods should you prefer to switch to another method than the one we pre-selected for you.
2. Klarna App
The Klarna App, provided to you by way of an app or a web portal is your hub for all your Klarna purchases and all other great features Klarna offers. By using the Klarna App you can pay your purchases, track your packages and many more things. Some of these features are activated by downloading the app or logging in through the web portal, while others can be activated by you after login. The exact content of features can differ between different country versions of the Klarna App. Klarna updates the Klarna App continuously with new features. To mention a few of the features we are most proud of:
Features available in all countries:
View your current and previous Klarna purchases and transactions
Pay for your purchases
Easy interaction with Klarna, for example chat
Example of other features we may offer depending on country version:
View your transactions made with one of our subsidiaries Sofort GmbH, Billpay GmbH and Klarna Inc. This will only be done after you have signed up for it in the subsidiaries services. The transaction data (such as for example name, address, bank account number/IBAN, sort code/BIC, reason for payment, date and amount, order details) will then be submitted to Klarna.
Order, delivery or parcel tracking
Easy return handling and refunds
Personal finance overview and management
Display of relevant information and articles, and personalized off
Upload, display and storage of your transaction, receipts, images and other material.
3. Show historical transactions
Klarna stores information about your previous purchases and transactions for bookkeeping reasons. By accepting these terms you agree that we may use this data in order for us to display these transactions to you, and by doing so, allow us to use it for this additional purpose.
4. Offers and benefits
Klarna may provide you with offers and benefits such as discounts, special events, pre-access to products, sales promotions, merchant offers, sampling and giveaways. What offers and benefits you receive will be based on your previous actions such as number of purchases, purchase amounts, or usage of Klarna Services.
Are there any costs for the Services?
The Services are free of charge. Please note that interest and fees may apply to the use of a specific payment method. So make sure you check the specific information for the payment method that you use.
Improvement of the Services
We constantly work to improve our Services in order for you to get an even smoother user experience. This may require changes to these terms. In this case, you will be asked to accept the new terms before you can continue to use the Services.
Privacy and your personal data
To offer you the Services, we need to process your personal data - we encourage you to read our Privacy Notice for a more detailed understanding of how we process and protect your data.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
You shall always provide correct information and use your own and correct identity. Any use of information that does not belong to you or that you for other reasons are not authorised to use, or the use of the Services in a non-prescribed way, will be seen as a misuse. Any data relating to misuse or suspected misuse may be saved and used for future risk assessment and for the protection of involved parties. Klarna reserves the right to block the Services from further usage.
If you upload or share content to Klarna, you grant Klarna a royalty-free right to use and display the content for purposes of delivering the Services. We have the right to remove any content uploaded or shared by you if we are required by law, or believe it is offensive, inappropriate, unlawful, violating the rights of others, or otherwise objectionable. You are liable for any content uploaded or shared by you.
Third party services
Some features used by you, for example parcel tracking, may include services provided by a third party.
Duration and termination of this agreement
This agreement is concluded for an indefinite period of time. It applies until it is terminated by you or us and can be terminated at any time.
Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, telephone: +44 (0) 203 005 0833 or freephone number: 0808 1893 333, fax: +46 8 120 120 99, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, is a Swedish bank registered at the Swedish companies register under registration number 556737-0431. The Managing Director is Sebastian Siemiatkowski. Klarna Bank AB (publ) is authorised to provide financial services by Finansinspektionen (the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority). Klarna’s registration with the Swedish financial supervisory authority as well as a list of countries to which Klarna’s services have been passported to can be found on Finansinspektionen’s website.
For complaints, the information provided on www.klarna.com applies. If you have a complaint towards Klarna, you can submit your complaint through the Klarna’s website or via postal mail with the keyword "Complaint” to Klarna’s address.